If you go 7 days without replying to a new message and you have not responded to any message in the past 30 days, the feature will be automatically disabled and Yelp users will not be able to proactively message you. To re-enable this feature you have the following options:
- Click or tap Turn on customer messaging from the notification email you received when the feature was automatically disabled.
- Mark the unread messages as replied if you’ve done so on your phone or through email
- Head over to your inbox at biz.yelp.com and follow the steps below.
To turn messaging or quotes on or off from the Yelp for business website
- Go to your Inbox
- Click the Gear icon in the upper left corner
- Check (or Uncheck) "Allow people to message your business"
- Click Save