It takes a special Yelper to become an Elite. Frequent, quality reviews and photos are important, but generally being awesome on Yelp doesn’t hurt! If this sounds like you and you meet the criteria below, submit a nomination here
for the Yelp Elite Squad Council's consideration. You can also nominate friends using the same form.
To become Elite, you agree that you
- Are using your real name on Yelp.
- Have a clear photo of yourself on your profile page.
- Are of legal drinking age in your country.
You also agree that you are NOT
- A business owner.
- Closely affiliated with a business owner (e.g., your spouse owns a business, or you are the general manager or social media/marketing manager for a business).
- Managing a Yelp Business Account.
- Working for one of our competitors.
While the Council can't give specifics on its decision making, it does take into consideration numerous factors when evaluating nominations, including overall contributions, recent activity on the site, and adherence to our Terms of Service
and Content Guidelines
. It should go without saying that accepting compensation or freebies in exchange for reviews and/or leveraging the Elite Squad for personal or commercial gain violates our guidelines and will result in Elite status being revoked and/or account closure.
Please keep in mind that if you don’t satisfy the requirements above, you will not be able to obtain or maintain Elite status.